We understand Steve has touched so many people's lives in so many ways. He is one of a kind and you will never know or find a man like him. - Ginger Matich
- First and foremost, he LOVED his family. His wife, JJ, his kids Crystal and Kenneth, his grandkids Cash and Colby, his sister Danitsa, his kid's partners: Ally and Curtis. He put them above everything every single day - THEY WERE HIS LIFE.
- Dedicated friend: whenever you needed him he was there: attending sporting events, concerts, family functions, BBQs, and bantering back and forth with humor and politics
- Die-hard SF Giants and 49er fan
- BA in Political Science and minor in Business
- Lover of lobster buffets - Boomtown Buffet!
- Lover of all food - especially desserts!
- Simple man with simple taste who looked out for everyone else but himself
- Knows the words to every song - every.single.song.
- PROUD DEMOCRAT - a fighter for injustice
- Money saver extraordinaire
- Collector of Harbor Freight mini flashlights
- Lover of a bargain deal
- Belt stretcher!
- Fiercely opposed to tight collars on shirts
- Butt crack always showing
- Hated technology - loved reading the paper
- Wrote everything down in the palms of his hands (his own version of a palm pilot)
- Great short game
- Vinyl collector
- HATED cooked bell peppers
- Favorite music: Stevie Ray Vaughn, any blues music, Led Zepplin, Tower of Power, pure funk, Cool n the Gang, Garth, Beatles, Prince, and so many more!
- Shower singer
- Master Peacock
- Plastic bag suitcase
- Fact man, soaked up knowledge like a sponge
- Beat his son in every pingpong game (almost every game)
- Press Democrat letters to the editor mastermind
- Coupon collector
- Chocolate mousse! Cherry Pie! Mmmmm...
- Donated to every homeless person he saw
- "Say it how it is man"
- Dishwasher arranger extraordinaire
- 30 year blood donor!
- Thickest wallet known to mankind!
- Steve-isms: "There's more in the store", "Hey, what goes on here".
- Waterfall chaser
- Master griller!
- Overall, best dad, PopPop, and husband
Steve's ashes will be scattered in Northern California this summer; a place where he spent many years boating with his family at Whiskeytown Lake/Redding, CA and many family memories in Tulelake, CA.
If you would like to make a donation in memory of Steve Matich, please donate to any of the following foundations: The Breast Cancer Fundraiser the Democratic Party or The Livingroom Santa Rosa (Services of women and children who are experiencing homelessness).
The Breast Cancer Fundraiser
2152 Dupont Dr, Ste 220, Sacramento CA 92612
The Democratic Party
Washington, DC WA
The Living Room-Sonoma County
1207 Cleveland Avenue, Santa Rosa CA 95401